A Collage of guess who?


This blog is an expression of the freedom to just "let go" in my spirit. The music captures and defines things I'm sure about and...some things I'm not so sure about it. It expresses emotions that I'm not quite able to put into words other than, "yeah..get it on bro." The purpose is simply mean to reach out and provoke you into a sense of greater authenticity.

It also has an international flavor for my followers who like to sample cuisines other than American. There's a variety of photographs of friends, my own pics...things that are important to me..my country and its foundations and monuments across this great land that cause me to be greatful. You'll read pieces about love, pain, loneliness and some of the things in life we need to think more about.

Try our specialties. They come with dessert.

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Language of Loneliness

If tomorrows are only filled with empty yesterdays, then today is filled with loneliness only. I don’t like feeling lonely.

Some say it is inevitable. Some say it is just a part of life, and that we should all learn to live with it. Live with what?

People say go find something you’re interested in and do it; then the loneliness will go away.

Others believe that you’re being selfish if you’re lonely, or too self-absorbed.

“Think about somebody other than yourself,” they say. “Somebody’s worse off than you; just look around you,”then you won’t be so lonely, I’ve heard.

“Quit your crying, and complaining; no one wants to hear it.”These delightful tunes seem rather harmonious, particularly to those whom you remind of their own inadequacies and needs, who deny, block out, or ignore what’s really going on inside of themselves, so they can pretend to be strong for others who believe they really are.That way, loneliness doesn’t have to be loneliness;
and pretense doesn’t have to be disgusting, and we can all live happily ever after.

Some people believe that if you just go and find a person who needs you, or a cause to believe in, and just go do something, then you can bust up the gloomies and all will be well.

If you give what you have to make a difference and change things, then you’ll have done your part to make the world a better place, and you’ll be all the better for it….so the story goes. It’s a good story.

I believe in it too. Good Samaritans are needed and still make an impact in a cold, dark world.

All the while I’m thinking; they don’t understand. I know what language you speak. I can speak it too.

But you don’t understand my language.
You’re not even aware I’m talking,
Because you can’t hear yourself.
You’re too afraid to hear yourself.
You’ve learned to turn a deaf ear to your own words,
and you don’t even know you can’t hear.
Because if you really could hear yourself,
then you could hear me, if you were willing to.

Sometimes, no one can touch you.
Sometimes, no one can feel you.
Sometimes, no one can hear you.
Sometimes, there’s just you….. and there’s loneliness.





We don’t always know what to do with our loneliness. Only God really knows the answer.

We should not be so provoked to determine its cause; but rather, loneliness needs someone to respond with arms that embrace it, with something called “compassion.”

Some people say that with God you never feel alone, and you should never feel lonely. Its one thing to not “be” alone; I find this always true.

It is quite another thing to “feel” lonely.
Sometimes there’s just you.
Sometimes there’s just God.
Sometimes…..it feels like there is no one else.

In a magnificent, perfect world,
Things would be different.
But it’s not a perfect world.

Some people just aren’t going to respond.
Even when you need them….
Even when you want them.…
Even when they should…..
Even when they could….
Even when they feel the pain of loneliness….
Even when your heart cries and aches so much….
That all you want is someone to “be” with you.

If we could just offer our “presence” to another, it would be more than most dare give when the heart throbs with the awkwardness of being lonely.

To need someone to walk with you, when all you want
is for them to be near….to be close and say what they mean, and mean what they say, as they try to help. Just to hear someone say, “I see you’re lonely. I know you’re hurting.”

To sit beside someone on their mourning bench, makes all the difference in the world.

Comfort, we all need. Few truly know how to give it. Few want to give it. Most are afraid to give it. Only a few will give it.

If there’s any message at all from loneliness, it’s, “I need you…come walk with me.”

“How can I love God whom I’ve not seen, if I don’t love my brother, whom I have seen?”

Do you understand my language? Ask me more….but only if you want to.


Copyright © 2006. David Hammock. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Popular Posts







THE OFFICIAL DAVID HAMMOCK BLOG



In many wondrous ways, God delights our hearts.

In many wondrous ways, God delights our hearts.

See the beauty of life each and every day!

See the beauty of life each and every day!

Welcome to The Official David Hammock Blog!

Powered By Blogger

"Sooki"

"Sooki"
Child of Bill and Glad Punton

Bill Punton....always making music on the guitar or piano

Bill Punton....always making music on the guitar or piano
Bill taught Mary of "Peter, Paul and Mary" how to play the guitar.

Bill and Glad Punton

Bill and Glad Punton
My life long friends

From Revival Images Greeting Cards Produced by David Hammock

From Revival Images Greeting Cards Produced by David Hammock

Roses in bloom

Roses in bloom
"Love is a garden in the heart."

Welcome to my garden of life!

Welcome to my garden of life!
There's lots to explore if you care to take the time.

My heart is a rose just for you!

My heart is a rose just for you!
From my rose garden

First President of the United States, George Washington.

First President of the United States, George Washington.
President Washington served for 8 years without pay.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America."

"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America."
Never Forget the Meaning of the American Flag!

Signing of the US Constitution in Philadelphia, PA

Signing of the US Constitution in Philadelphia, PA

Signing of the Mayflower Compact in 1620.

Signing of the Mayflower Compact in 1620.

Rev. Robert Hunt, landed at Cape Henry on April 29, 1607 and claimed America for God.

Rev. Robert Hunt, landed at Cape Henry on April 29, 1607 and claimed America for God.
Remember America was founded on Christian principles.

The head of The 16th US President, Abraham Lincoln atop Mt. Rushmore

The head of The 16th US President,  Abraham Lincoln atop Mt. Rushmore

Pondering With Purpose

Pondering With Purpose
"True love lives for today and gives for today, with great anticipation to love once again tomorrow." --David Hammock

"The God of America's Founding Fathers"

"The God of America's Founding Fathers"
Released by David Hammock in 2008

"The Battle Is The Lord's"

"The Battle  Is The Lord's"
"Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord."

About Me

My photo
Committed to my faith in God, well-educated, believe in truth,loyalty, honesty, decency, integrity, fairness, romance, sharing, caring, giving, wisdom, that we all have a desire to find our soul-mates and the power of genuine love to change the impossible within ourselves, each other and the world. Three questions we all must answer: 1-What is my true desire? 2-What will it take to keep me motivated? and 3-Am I willing to pay the price? "We will only gain the priceless when we are willing to surrender the worthless." (David Hammock) David is the Founder, President & CEO of Revivals For America, Inc. which began in 1995, which has 14 different ministry operations. Invitations have been extended by 36 countries to share a message of hope. He has been read now in more than 60 countries as his work continues to span the globe.